Monday, January 16, 2006

Things that suck when you ride: Cold, Wind, Darkness


So I somehow motivated myself to get out of the apartment this afternoon and ride. Exhausted from the long weekend with grandparents, brother (and wife) and friends all in town, I was not much in the mood to do anything but sit on the couch and mentally prepare myself for work tomorrow. But I did get out.

Earlier in the day it was still, sunny and around 45-50 degrees. When I left the apartment at 3:39 that all changed...

The sun went behind an enormous cloud and never came back. I was wearing the dark sun glasses so visibility became an issue. Then the wind kicked up...sucks. Then, as a result of the wind and the loss of sun, temps dropped into the 30's.

3 miles into the ride I knew it would be a short one.

I headed down towards the potomac. I did one loop at Haines Point and then proceeded all the way down to the Lincoln then back up to Capitol Hill. That was enough for me today. Pathetic I know...

Ride Specs:
12.7 miles
Avg. Speed: 16.0 mph
Top Speed: 30.3 mph (down Capitol Hill on Constitution)
Total Time:47:55

MY ODOMOTER NOW READS: 67 MILES

1 comment:

Liz Chapman said...

Every little bit counts!