Saturday, January 28, 2006

The Crossing












Today was the perfect riding weather not too windy and fairly warm. I decided it was time to add some real mileage and attempted a 50 mile ride to Washington's Crossings on the Delaware River. Cynda took me to the drop off point about 5 miles from my house down a busy two lane road.

The ride didn't start off the best as the route I was going to take had a detour because the bridge was out. Luckily the detour was well marked so I was able back track to River Road (called that because it runs along the Delaware River). Unfortunately though I had to alter course again as the other bridge I was going to take was also out (still a reminder of the heavy flooding that occurred along the Delaware in recent months). So I completely changed directions and rode through New Hope to Washington's Crossing.

On the first leg I was averaging about 16.4 mph but 40 miles in I really began to feel the hills and the wind in my face. I didn't make 50 but here's what I ended with.

Ride Stats:

Wind: 5-10 mph
Temp: 45-61 Degrees
Distance: 47.1 Miles
Time: 3:10:26
Max Speed: 32.4
Avg. Speed: 14.8
Distance to 3500: 82 miles

2 comments:

Tim Chapman said...

47 miles is nothing to shake a stick at...nice work meffen.

Are you sore?

Liz Chapman said...

Sounds like a great ride James!