Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sunday ride in DC


I managed 21 miles today. The temp was pretty mild (44 degrees) so I warmed up quickly.

I rode from my apartment on Capitol Hill down to Haines Point on the Potomac. I did the 3.4 mile loop around Haines point 4 times and then headed down to the Lincoln monumnet, then back up to Capitol Hill.

There were a lot of other riders out there for it being mid-winter.

In total I was on the bike for 1 hour and 16 minutes. It went quickly because I had my iPod and audiobooks. Today I listened to four chapters in Mere Christianity. No matter how many times you read that book, you learn something new.

My max speed today was 25 mph. My average was 16.1 (4 miles of city traffic doesn't help that).

I am now 1/100th of the way toward the 3500 mile goal. I am at 35 right now.

1 comment:

Liz Chapman said...

TIm also failed to mention that it was rather windy in DC today. James??? Did you ride???