Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A long hot ride

Today I got for a nice ride. I left the house around 10:30 so I knew it was going to be hot at some point. The temperature started at a nice 88 degrees with a slight breeze by about 28 miles into the mercury topped 97. Luckily, there were lots of riders out today so it was pretty easy to stay motivated and log as many miles as possible. True to form, I started to leave around 9:00 but because of my permanent state of easy distraction I didn't actually leave for an hour and half (Cynda regularly claims I am the slowest person on earth and I can't say I disagree.).
My play list for the day included a sermon on Grace which was very good and a playlist I put together a couple weeks ago for a ride I never took because of the sprain. Its nice to be out on the bike with your thoughts and prayers and today was no exception. My legs felt really good and I wanted to complete a 50 miler but today is Cynda's b-day and I knew she was expecting me home about an hour earlier than I got home so I relented and did what I could.

Stats:
43.3 miles
Time 2:53:07
Max. 36.9
Avg. 14.9
Odometer: 580.1

1 comment:

Tim Chapman said...

Dude...you are the slowest person on earth...no dount about it