Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wednesday ride stats

I waited for it to cool down today and headed out for a ride a little after 6:00. I rode down to Old Town on this breezy and sometimes blustery evening. Getting out of the city tonight was friggin' miserable. I got boxed in on Independence by commuter buses no less than three times -- so annoying.

Once I was over the bridge I finally began to enjoy riding. But for a while I was wishing I had stayed home and sat on my butt for the second night in a row.

I was anything but sprite today. Slow going for the most part...the only exceptions being a 2 mile stretch before OLD Town in which a rider drafted off me (I felt I needed to save face and give him a good ride so I kicked it up to 19 mph) and a three mile loop at Haines in which one of the fast horses who regularly rides down there sprinted past me (I used it as an opportunity to get a free ride and up my avg mph).

Stats:
22.45 mph
Avg 16.4
Max 24.9
1 hr 22 mins
Cad 68
Odometer 1857

NOTE: My colleague Mike today asked me if I was interested in riding a century with him next week. I couldn't say no, so it looks like my first century ride is imminent. Should be interesting.

No comments: