Sunday, August 20, 2006

Putzing around DC

I didn't feel like riding one of my regular routes today, so I tried something different. I started by riding 3 miles east on Pennsylvania Avenue...at about the 3rd mile I realized it was getting to be a pretty sketchy neighborhood so I turned around and headed back into DC.

I took Mass Ave. all the was through the city. The traffic was sparse because it is Sunday so this was much more enjoyable than you may think. I enjoyed riding through embassy row until my legs began to realize I had been going steadily uphill since 21st St.

It's avout a 2 mile hill all the way up to the Cathedral. When I got to the top I rewarded myself by sitting in one of the gardens at the cathedral and finishing a water bottle.


(These are pics I took when we went to the Cathedral last year)


From there I headed back down Mass Ave. and then down 21st to Constitution where I picked up 14th and finished my ride with a couple laps at Haines Point.

It wasn't a fast ride. But it was fun to putz around DC and see some of the sights that I too often take for granted.

Stats:
23.99 Miles
Avg 14.6
Max 31
1 hr 39 mins
Cad 60
Odometer 1937

No comments: