Saturday, October 21, 2006

Not many days like this left


It was a beautiful Saturday here in the nation's capital. It was warm, -- 64 degrees -- sunny and calm. This weekend is the calm before the storm so to speak in the Chapman household. Liz and I close on our first house on Monday. After that, many of the available extra hours next week will be spent getting the apartment in the basement ready to rent and nailing down other loose ends. So I appreciate the weather and the opportunity for nice rides this weekend (hopefully the rain holds off tomorrow.

I had intended to ride down to Mt. Vernon and back today but when I got halfway there the trail had been closed for renovations. I had to reroute and finish my ride with some laps at Haines Point.

Stats:
34.33 miles

Avg. 15.2

2 hrs 15 mins

Odometer 2191

NOTE: Above phote courtesy of this flickr user. He has plenty more great snaps of the DC area.

No comments: